"Are You Afraid Of Saying The Wrong Thing And Making Your Situation Worse? Learn How To Use Short Scripts To Change The Trajectory Of Your Relationship."
Scripting is one of the most effective tools you can use for handling emotionally charged interactions with your wife. Scripting not only helps you maintain control over yourself, but it also prevents further deterioration of the relationship, too. So don’t be afraid to speak up about needing time to organize your thoughts when a confusing or upsetting situation arises with your wife.
Below are some short scripts you can use to prevent negative interactions with your wife from escalating. Memorize one or two of them so you’re prepared the next time a difficult situation arises.
- “A lot has happened, and I haven’t processed it all yet. I’ll let you know when I’m ready to talk.”
- “I can see that you’re upset. I’m going to give you some time to calm down.
- “I can see that you’re upset. I’m going to give you some time to calm down. Let me know when you’re ready to talk about this calmly.”
- “My primary focus at this point is healing and recovering from what’s happened so I can be there for the kids.”
- “I don’t know how I feel about that. I’ll let you know when I do.”
Remember, one of your wife’s primary goals is to keep you off balance. So the more stable you become, the more unstable your wife will become. So be prepared for an epic meltdown (lots of tears, coupled with your wife saying some of the statements below).
- ” I don’t know what’s wrong with me!!”
- “I’m sorry. I feel like I’m going crazy!!”
- “Why are you being so cold??”
- “Please don’t shut me out!”
- “Why are you treating me like this?!”
Your wife may also become angry and start threatening to divorce you. She may start begging for forgiveness and may also try to initiate sex. So be prepared for anything when she starts to meltdown – and, most importantly…
Don’t Let Yourself Get Pulled In
Keep in mind that your wife is constantly “reading you” just like you’re constantly “reading her” – which means that your wife will know each and every time you start to stabilize and move into a state of acceptance (the final stage of the grieving process). You’ll soon notice that every time you reach this point, your wife will feel compelled to knock you off balance and “shake you up” like a snow globe, emotionally.