The #1 Reason Why Women Cheat. The Short Answer That Explains FEMALE Infidelity.
Do You Want The Short Uncomplicated Answer?
If you’re looking for the short uncomplicated answer to why women cheat —> it’s because they can. As clinical psychologist and sex therapist David Schnarch points out in his book, Intimacy & Desire, “…estimates from cultures around the world generally suggest women have extramarital affairs as often as men do…if her society says she has an equal right to do so.”
Women in Western society now have the same right to cheat as men, by that, I mean, women no longer experience worse consequences for cheating than men. In the past, female infidelity was unacceptable to the degree that incidents of infidelity could be punishable by death, and even today there are still places in the world where females can be punished or killed for having extramarital sex.
The fact is many of the prevailing beliefs we hold about women were created and taught to control the sexual behavior of females in an effort to ease paternity insecurity in males. When females give birth they know the children they give birth to are biologically theirs. Males on the other hand, prior to DNA testing, had to rely on the faithfulness of their partners; which is the reason a sexual double-standard emerged. However, over time the sexual double standard gave way to a false belief that females were in fact naturally monogamous. Now, due to birth control, economic freedom and DNA testing, women are cheating as much as men.
Many People Still Believe Women Are Naturally Monogamous
Unfortunately, many people still believe that women are naturally monogamous and not inclined to cheat. However, the old system was created for the exact opposite reason. In the old system, women were ‘given’ something in exchange for NOT cheating. Why do you think men were expected to support women in the past? Men were paying to have exclusive access to a woman’s reproductive system.
The biggest mistake I see marriage counselors and infidelity experts make when they’re discussing the subject of why women cheat is their reluctance to acknowledge the fact that women aren’t naturally monogamous. Yet, not acknowledging this fact about women’s sexual nature not only creates a domino effect of misunderstandings about why women cheat, but it also allows women to blame men when they do cheat.
Schnarch also points out in his book, Intimacy & Desire, “The tension between our desire for sexual variety and our desire for pair-bonding and sexual exclusivity arises in all of us, regardless of gender.”
This why men and women need to be held to the same standard in regard to cheating; and ultimately, that’s what women really want anyway. In fact, that’s one of the reasons women’s sexual behavior is becoming so brazen — it’s because women are in the process of destroying their image.
If you haven’t read the Women’s Infidelity books, that’s where you need to start. You’ll find out exactly what your wife is thinking, feeling and planning — so you can stop analyzing—and stop operating from a mindset that leads to divorce. Note: All book orders include a FREE COPY of “Save Your Marriage Now!” (for men).
#1 Source For Information About Female Infidelity
Women’s Infidelity: Living In Limbo
Learn The REAL Reasons Women Cheat
• Why women lose sexual desire for their husbands
• Why women are more likely than men to become addicted to affair sex
• Why marriage and fidelity can actually be MORE difficult for women than it is for men
• Why women have such a hard time getting over their affairs emotionally and psychologically
• Why women overwhelmingly initiate the majority of all divorces – even when they’re married to good men
• Why and how men unknowingly make the problem worse by doing the opposite of what they need to do to save their marriages
Women’s Infidelity II: Breaking Out Of Limbo
Learn How To Sort Through Your Feelings:
• How to know if your feelings for the other man are real
• How to understand your feelings for your husband – what it really means when you say, “I love him, but I’m not “in” love with him
• How to know if there’s a possibility for a future with the other man
• How to stop your circular thinking
• How to end your confusion and move forward in 7 clearly defined steps
• Men: Learn how women process infidelity. Find out exactly what your wife is thinking and feeling